McDonalds announced that it was building the “first green restaurant” in Cary, North Carolina.
Gizmodo reported that McDonald’s says the facility will not only be built using all green construction materials, but will be complete with free-to-use charging stations for your electric vehicle.
McDonald’s has recently changed much of its packaging to be more eco-friendly. They have also attempted to reduce the amount of pesticides in the potatoes they purchase for their fries. (McDonald’s is the largest buyer of potatoes in the United States.)
North Carolina ranks twelfth among adults in obesity rates, and fourteenth among children.
One of the biggest obstacles to electric vehicles is the availability and the difficulty in finding charging stations outside of your own home. Perhaps more restaurants will follow McDonald’s lead.
Posted on 19 July 2009
- Electric Bike it Review: the Solar Bike
- Electric Vehicles Won't End Climate Change
- The Difference in Motor Power - 250w 500w 750w
- Will Ebikes Eventually Be Banned?
- List Your Business, Bike Company or Store FREE!
- Ultra Motor Offers E-bike Training Sessions
- E-Cycle Racing in Canada
- Team Hybrid Launches 'Falco E-motors' at Eurobike
- Take a poll: Are E-Bike Riders Just Lazy?
- How to Educate People About LEV's
- Lubo Ebiker: Batteries get much cheaper too. For instance I can...
- rich: if i couldnt start riding with a assist motor i wo...
- rich: i have a 350 bionx/and would love a 750. or as lon...
- Marlena Kenney: This bike design is amazing. It's trendy unlike ot...
- gSPIN: the emperor has no clothes. don't looky like an I...
battery pack best buy bicycle bicycles bikes brammo cars ceo china commuters designers ebike e bike ebikes electric bicycle electric bicycles electric bike Electric Bike Batteries Electric Bikes